Easy banana bread
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps keep my website up and running and is very appreciated. Thank you for your support!
What is more comforting than a warm slice of buttered banana bread?
Thats right nothing! , well atleast in my opinion
so to spread some comfort and and joy around as we head in to cooler weather and dreary days i have decided to share my famous banana bread recipe it is truly the best banana bread recipe you will ever make or eat and it is sure to impress anyone you serve it to !
What you will need
- a 9 Inch x 5 Inch loaf pan I use this nonstick one (i always get questions on where I got my rose gold bakeware you can find it here )
- measuring utensils I love this set it has everything you could ever need
- cooking spray I always use butter flavor
- bananas (obviously)
- white sugar
- vanilla extract (this is my favorite vanilla)
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- salt (i always use this pink sea salt in all cooking or baking)
- vanilla bean yogurt ( i use whole milk vanilla bean greek yogurt but you can use any vanilla yogurt or sour cream as a substitute)
- walnuts (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
start off by preheating your oven to 350 and mashing your bananas in a small bowl
then in a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. add in the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
next Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and cinnamon, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the vanilla yogurt, walnuts, or chocolate chips if using them and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
now pop it into the oven at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer it to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
that’s it ! its a super quick and easy recipe that tastes amazing and will be sure to impress!
Pin this recipe for later : https://www.pinterest.com/pin/585749495279398386/
follow me on Pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/MESSYBUNSMama/
like the blog facebook page :https://www.facebook.com/CaityFrank/?view_public_for=358121268209497
follow us on Instagram :https://www.instagram.com/messybunsandthricethefun/
if you need to contact me the best and quickest way to get in touch would be to either message me on my facbook page here or email me at :email@example.com
If you tried out this recipe be sure to leave a comment and let me know how it turned out!
Best Ever Banana Bread
- loaf pan
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (otional) or chocolate chips
- 2 medium ripe bananas , mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and cinnamon , stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the vanilla greek yogurt , walnuts and mashed bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.